Image

Mosaic by Margaret Almon and Wayne Stratz of Nutmeg Designs.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Welcome to My New Space!

As March draws to a close, so does my eighth year of blogging.  It seems that I've never been able to maintain a blog's title and focus for more than a couple of years, so perhaps it's no surprise that I'm ready for a bit of a re-design.

I wrote about some of the typical ups and downs of  midlife mothering and work in Midlife Matters, opened Search the Sea to explore the discernment processes that were leading me in new directions, found myself in Desert Year after one of our sons died of suicide, and moved on to Metanoia two years ago as part of my determined effort to rebuild and re-create in the wake of such an experience of loss and horror.

As I look back, I can see these outlines of movement along my blogging path, but the truth is that the one thing that all my blogs share in common is a complete lack of focus.  I've been writing about whatever strikes me on any given day, with no particular theme or angle to hem me in.

I think that my approach may be changing.  I have a full and rich life now as a pastor and spiritual director, and I am much concerned with matters related to those realities:  small and rural congregations and the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises.  I may explore some of that here, but I think that what I really want to do is use my free writing time to reflect on those things which beckon as newly sharpened interests:  an expanded approach to spirituality, meaning spirituality in different expressions and formats , in interfaith dimensions, and  in relationship to all kinds of health and wellness.

I think I'll cross post on occasion in both of my active blogs for awhile; we'll see where this goes.

More on the title later.

8 comments:

  1. best wishes for this new place

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who has followed you through all these incarnations, I have two things to say:

    1.) I'm not surprised

    and

    2.) Here I am! ...and always will be.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news - I look forward to what will spring forth here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to follow you anywhere. Thanks for including us at your new space.

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you all have showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new "home!" Blessings and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing. I love your new site...

    ReplyDelete